Regular "Corporate & Law Enforcement"
A person shall be eligible for Regular Membership only if the majority of his/her work is in the area of prevention, detection, investigation or prosecution of financial crimes or support thereof for the following qualifying entities:
1. A Financial institution engaged in any of the following: prevention, detection, analysis, investigation, apprehension, education about or prosecution of financial transaction fraud offenders.
2. Any subdivision of government: law enforcement officers, prosecutors or related public officials, who, within their agency or department, have the primary or secondary responsibility for the investigation, investigative training, prevention, analysis, apprehension and/or prosecution of financial or related crimes.
3. The financial membership associations: personnel responsible for financial transaction security, analysis and/or education, including, but not limited to, MasterCard International, Visa USA, or Bankers Associations.
4. Service providers, engaged in investigations, analysis, data security, physical security, training and education, risk management and fraud prevention, including, but not limited to, such providers as credit bureaus, card and check manufacturers, financial transaction processors, financial personalization systems manufacturers, mail courier services and communications systems and financial security consultant, an individual whose primary duties involve the support of our members in the prevention, detection and prosecution of financial fraud; who perform these services for companies engaged in activities described in the Bylaws and whose contributions are for the good of the Association, or
5. Financial Transaction Acceptors, including but not limited to hotels, car rental service companies, commercial airlines, or retail merchants, who supply goods or services and accept financial transactions using financial transaction devices other than cash or barter: personnel who assist directly in the investigation, detection, prevention, education and/or prosecution of financial transaction crimes.
6. Regular members may vote in any election and hold any elective or appointed office.